Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dell Tries to Trademark "Cloud Computing"

Someone needs to smack Dell. I was reading Yahoo news and ran across an article about Dell. It says that Dell has applied to trademark the term "cloud computing". What a bunch of jerks.

They have made it past the notification of allowance phase and is at the opposition phase. That means that companies can complain and and let the USPTO know of their objections. I hope plenty of companies do file an objection. This is really what is NOT needed right now in the cloud.

I don't see how the USPTO can even allow this claim of a trademark. I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure cloud computing as a term was around long before Dell even thought of entering the cloud hardware market. This is a lot like non-open source companies trying to take over the open source moniker.

Technorati : , , ,

2 comments:

Amadar_Currey said...

Computing jobs becoming a good hike for the employees and the employers, People are searching for job in that field very much. I got job in Cloud Computing with the help of Cloudjobs.net

Unknown said...

Thanks for such a informative post about the Cloud computing and dell. By the way have you heard about Cloud Computing Conference 2009 from where I have gathered more information on Cloud Computing events and technologies. It is an world's largest,virtual conference on cloud computing. I got a wonderful opportunity to meet and talk with the world's leading experts of Cloud Computing.